Ah, romance... I have never really considered myself a romantic, but the past couple of days could really change my mind. After all I did choose to operate a wedding site and spend most of my time researching, pinning and looking at some pretty incredibly romantic moments that you all share on the world wide web. And I really thank you for doing so - some of the stuff you all come up with, I love it. I have to say I am really starting to feel, well, breathless.
Something that takes your breath away in a frightening way, I understand. Something that takes your breath away in a romantic way...I don't know...I don't think I have had that happen many times in life. I am a pretty logical person and my husband is an engineer, we've been together 11 years...you get where I am going.
Except I have to tell you what I have been up to for the past couple of days.
So, I really wanted to showcase some of the really cool vintage themed wedding items we sell and I wanted to do that in a unique way. One of the really popular items we have right now is called "Glamorous Gatsby Fan Shaped Crystal Prom or Wedding Hair Stick Pin"
And I thought ah, Gatsby...F. Scott Fitzgerald quotes, perfect. But, as I read them I felt like I was falling in love all over again. I literally put my hand on my chest because it was...taking my breath away. Check this out and tell l me if I am crazy:
- I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity and her flaming self-respect. And it's these things I'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in a wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be.
- I don't ask you to love me always like this, but i ask you to remember. Somewhere inside of me there will always be the person I am tonight.
- You're the only girl I've seen for a very long time that actually did look like something blooming.
- Kiss me a paragraph and I'll reply with a novel.
- When I am with you, I don't breathe quite right.
- You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement.
- There I was, off my ambitions, getting deeper in love every minute.
- Two souls are sometimes created together and - and in love before they're born.
- She was beautiful, but not like those girls in the magazines. She was beautiful for the way she thought. she was beautiful for the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved. she was beautiful for her ability to make other people smile, even if she was sad. No she wasn't beautiful for something as temporary as her looks. she was beautiful, deep down to her soul.
- Hard to sit here and be close to you, and not kiss you.
- My God, he gasped, you're fun to kiss.
- I wish I'd done everything on earth with you.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
The man had a way with words. Not only that, but he actually said them. Well, wrote them.
So, how are you feeling? A little - breathless? Try spending a couple of hours reading that stuff. When my husband got home from work he looked at me and said - why are you in such a good mood? Right then I made a mental note to read more F. Scott Fitzgerald. Romantic...me? Um...maybe.
But then came the tipis. I know that is a weird segway, but hear me out.
I noticed one in a bridal magazine and thought hmm, is this a new trend? So, being the diligent business owner that I am, I started looking into it.
They are a trend, but right now mostly in England, mostly boho, vintage style. I don't know if they haven't caught on here yet, or if it is not really so popular here due to PC ideas about the possible diminishing of indigenous peoples cultural belongings.
Anyhow, what happened is while I was looking at these I saw a glamping tent. And it's not like I have never seen one before or heard of the idea, but the thought of spending your honeymoon in one left me feeling, well, a little breathless. Twice in two days. Hmmm. It's kind of...romantic.
image via Roderik Eime
Are you feeling it yet? Here are a few more:
How about now?
Okay, so send me to a meeting because my name is Teresa, and I am a romantic. There, I said it. They say the first step to dealing with it is admitting it. I love sheer drapey fabrics and fairy lights and candles and hearts and sad love songs and pretty words and flowers and people pledging their undying love. And feeling, well, breathless.
And now I know what to do with that Airstream I accidently bought on ebay. Story for another time.
Share this post